The privately-owned Tinsley Bridge Group was established in the 1850s as a vehicle suspension spring maker and completed a management buy-out from British Steel Corporation in 1987. The Tinsley Bridge Group today is a highly accredited, award-winning engineering and manufacturing business with a reputation for meeting demanding quality and reliability requirements in the automotive, nuclear, rail, defence, renewables, machine knives, and energy sectors.
The Group occupies a six-hectare site with 20,000m² of factory space. This sheer scale and diversity of equipment, allied to an innovative philosophy, research laboratory, and a design-led culture, puts the Tinsley Bridge Group at the forefront of large-scale engineering.
Tinsley Bridge Group are currently in a growth strategy for the long term.
Within the Tinsley Bridge Group, Tyzack Machine Knives is one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of through hardened Slideways, hydraulic and demolition scrap shear blades, guillotine shear blades, steel mill blades, liner plates, and precision cutting blades used in a multiple of process industries worldwide.
As part of this growth program, Tyzack is now looking for highly skilled, hardworking personnel as part of its own growth plan to join its ambitious team.
Role and Responsibilities
Your role will be to operate various manual grinding machines within the Production Facility.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Operation of open sided (Snow & Segmental) surface grinding machines to high standard of quality and productivity.
- Adherence to company Health and Safety Policy.
- Maintenance of shop floor housekeeping standards.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Wants to work, grow into a career……… not just a job.
- Has passion, desire and will.
- Enthusiastic and motivated and driven by results.
- Has high personal standards and is hardworking.
- Is flexible and agile in their approach and a team player.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a desire to both improve current skill sets and embrace other skills within the operation.
- Have a willingness to embrace change and improve on the status quo.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good team working skills.
- Apprentice trained or equivalent on the job hands on competent experience on different materials.
- Capable of full change overs; wheels fixtures etc for new parts.
- Ability to develop blocks and fixtures ti improve productivity.
- Ability to select correct wheel grades for different material.
- Proven ability to read and interpret complex product drawings including geometrical tolerances and symbols for machining.
- Proven ability to work to tight, accurate tolerances e.g. +/-0.025mm (0.001”), // to 0.025mm (0.001”) (with ambition to work to 0.005mm on certain products.
- Proven ability to work to tight, accurate angular tolerances on shear / chamfer faces on certain products.
- Understanding the concept of two and three siding.
- Understanding grinding thickness, width and ends to size on rectangular and square steel section.
- Ability to operate 1 or 2 machines where safe and practicable or work within a cell operation.
- Experience of hard grinding i.e. HRC> 45
- Apprenticeship or Engineering qualification – Either NVQ/ONC/HNC/HND
- Previous experience in a steel machining precision environment.
Working Location & Travel Requirement
Should be located or be prepared to re-locate to within a reasonable commuting distance from Sheffield.
- Holidays: 23 days plus statutory holidays progressing to 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free Car Parking.
- Free laundered work wear.
- Annual Profit related bonus Scheme.
- Short standard working week 4 days.
- Overtime available subject to demand – average currently circa 10% (first 6 hrs 1.33 then 1.5 rate days, first 8 hours 1.33 then 1.5 rate nights).